The Nitty Gritty
So what will this funding allow for?
Jaime Yallup Farrant is utilising the crowdfunding model to give us her time and expertise FULL TIME, to work here in WA to inspire and facilitate a groundswell of civil society action, protecting our children and future generations from dangerous climate change and environmental degradation, whilst bringing forth a sustainable, just and fulfilling world.
Starting 1st November 2013 through this project we’ll be providing activities:
- To educate, inspire and inform the public about environmental sustainability, including the interconnection between environmental degradation, climate change and social injustice.
- To deliver public events, workshops, training and symposia on issues of environmental sustainability and climate change encouraging personal and collective responsibility.
- To encourage the preservation of the natural habitat and our ecological systems by consulting with individuals, organisations and communities, brokering knowledge and relationships across diverse groups and sectors of society. Engaging with industry and policymakers to ensure strong emissions reductions and environmentally sustainable practices.
- To inspire and motivate behaviour change amongst civil society, organisations and corporations building a movement of people willing to take personal and collective responsibility for our common future
- To facilitate alternative narratives to fossil fuel based development and society. With a particular focusing on narratives which preserve our natural ecological systems and are culturally secure for Aboriginal cultures.
To keep updated on what’s been happening and what’s planned follow the blog posts on this site and email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Ngaala Kaaditj, Whadjuk Nyoongar Moort, keyen kaadak nidja boodja.
We acknowledge the Whadjuk Nyoongar people as the original custodians of this land. And we pay our respects to their elders past, present and future.